Craftsmanship and BIM

The biggest question; or you can say, the elephant in the room I have not heard many talk about is how does one represent a hand-crafted element in BIM

Of course there could be a simplistic answer: Just create a “family” specifically for that hand-crafted item. But then what do you do when practically everything is hand-crafted? As seen in traditional building construction in villages.

Or is it implied that BIM is only for the manufacturing industry complex and for the urban areas? Then it really does not cover all buildings, does it? I believe there has to be some deeper constructs that can unify the language of such crafted work.

Which is what I have attempted in TAD: There are abstract elements in the classification system I discovered that covers ALL of architecture at any scale. So it can represent a large gated community all the way from the buildings therein to the jalli that is used in there.

But when we talk about AIM, generally; is there some other way where crafted and hand-made objects can also be put into the information querying process. Everything needs to be modeled and modeled right, right? :grin: